The first recipe we’re going to cook is one of the most traditional meal in our area, we’re talking about paella.
First of all, the ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper(1/2 per person)
- Chopped pork ribs
- Crushed tomato
- Garrofon (lime beans)(50gr per person)
- Green beans(50gr per person)-Saffron
- Round rice( 60gr per person)
- Chicken(125gr per person)
- Rabbit(125gr per person)
- water (always the double than the water quantity)
Steps for cooking the best paella you’ve ever taste
- Pour the olive oil on the paella recipient until hot. When it heats up, put the chopped red bell pepper into the oil until it’s fried. Then take it out the paella recipient and set aside for later.
- When the recipient is empty, put all the meal on the oil(chicken, rabbit, and pork ribs). Salt it to taste. When it’s cooked, set it on the recipient borders leaving a hole in the middle. When the hole is done, put the vegetables on the oil(garrofon, green beans(this vegetables are usually frozen)). When vegetables get cooked, put the tomato on the oil and mix it all with the meat.
- Pour the rice on the oil and move it until an oil film is formed over the rice. When the oil is well formed, Pour the water all over the rest of the ingredients until it boils.Add the saffron until the watter becomes light yellow. When it happens, reduce the cooking heat until it boils slower. Leave it boiling for 10 minutes. Then, add again the cooked red bell pepper. Graduately, keep reducing the temperature during at least other 10 minutes. Finally let the paella rest covered for a few minutes.